USPS Address Change Online How-To
The importance of your USPS address change when moving to a new location is quite obvious and straightforward. In fact, the advantages of changing address (and details on social security card) are known to almost every citizen in the US.
You need accurate updated information to get a job, receive various government services or collect social security benefits. The application process is quite simple and you can accomplish online.
If you have shifted to a new residence, you will need to update the details in your card and this can also be completed online. United States Postal Services USPS change of address online should never be a daunting process as it only involves filling out a short application, printing and mailing the information to the concerned bodies. Here is a detailed description of how you can change your security cards and USPS address change.
The three step procedureAs aforementioned, the process of changing your address online is quite simple and can be finished in a few easy steps as follows;
• Fill out a moving form – When you are moving to another place, you should first fill out form 3575 at your local post office to describe the nature of your move (temporary or permanent). You can also opt to call USPS address change and request the form or access it online, print it and send/mail it to your local post office. This form is available online from USPS official website and you can always download and print it.
• Use my social security account – It is often advisable to use the “my social security account” to change your address online especially if you receive social security retirement, disability benefits, survivors or Medicare enrolled benefits. If you do not receive such benefits, you can simply contact SSA (social security account).
Online verification often charges about $1.05. You may ask USPS to hold your mail or make temporary changes to your address details depending on the nature of your move. Eligibility for address changeYou can only make USPS change of address online if you meet a specific set of requirements provided by the state. Different states have varying requirements although the basics are similar across all states. In order to use my social security account to change your address and card, you must meet the following;
• Must be a US citizen of age 18 or older• Must have a US mailing address that has FPO, DPO and APO addresses
• You should not be requesting any additional changes such as name change on your card
• Should have a valid US driver’s license OR
• A state issued identification card from District of Columbia, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan Nebraska New Mexico Washington or Wisconsin. It is also important to note that you must have an active my social security account before you make any changes. If you do not have one, consider creating new account with your new details and address.
What do I need to fill?
USPS change of address online offers a short form that is simple to fill out. The details needed are basic and there is sufficient help if you need assistance in some areas. Basically, you will be required to specify the type of move as temporary or permanent.
Select permanent if you do not have plans to move back to your former residence and temporary for the reverse. You will also be required to specify when USPS should forward your mail and the type of move; individual, family or business.
• Individual move – Select this if you are the only one moving. It is also advisable to choose this move if you receive mails using more than one name, if some members holding the same last name are moving while others are staying or if some family members with different last names are moving.
• Family – This is meant for people moving together with the whole household to the same new address.
• Business – Ideal if you are moving a business. Only authorized business representatives are allowed to forward email addresses. This option is strictly for business and you must never use it to forward any email intended for you.
Other information required includes full names, old address, new address and contact information. The USPS address change online portal is a simple self-service platform with user friendly interface that will guide you through the whole process.
USPS Address Change
If you do not know some details like new address and locations, there are various tools to help you with the search for postal codes. The portal has five stages which include moving information, name and address, identity check, instant savings and confirm order.
Important notesWhen applying for a change in addresses, it is important to have accurate information at your fingertips. In fact, the USPS address change online portal uses their first registration tab to remind applicants of the privacy act statement.
Offering any wrongful information may put you at risk of imprisonment under various acts against intentional provision of flawed moving information. It is therefore important to confirm all details of name, address and postal codes before you begin the process.
Flawed information may delay processing and halt the whole process of changing your social security card and address. This is why you are required to read and acknowledge the act before proceeding to the next step.
Benefits of USPS online change of address the benefits of changing your address online using United States Postal Services are simply crystal. It is fast and convenient as it saves you trips to the postal office. It is also safe and secure with additional ID verification service that can be used to safeguard your information. The service is also prompt featuring instant email notification.
USPS strive to make the moving as effortless and convenient as possible providing a platform with over 750 different moving coupons and MyMove.com local information tools that avails numerous new neighbor deals. The service is quite affordable and does not require any additional expenses.
What’s more, you can complete the process at any time of the day or night as USPS portal is online 24 hours a day all year round.
If you’re moving into a new rental property that isn’t pet friendly and you have a pet that supports you emotionally you can always obtain an Emotional Support Dog Letter for legal rights to live with your animal.